Pierrefonds-Roxboro offers an incomparable natural richness, high quality facilities, an active cultural life and many modern sports facilities.
Located northwest of the island of Montréal and bordered to the north by the Rivière des Prairies, the Borough is made up of a multitude of residential
neighbourhoods, where greenery and tranquility prevail. Residents find a peaceful and stimulating living environment with access to many
natural spaces, including 4 large nature parks and 80 neighbourhood parks. They also benefit from 2 commuter train stations, 2 public outdoor swimming pools, 2
libraries, a cultural centre and 3 community centres. Parc-nature du Cap-Saint-Jacques is Montréal’s largest park. Located on the
western part of the island, it is bordered by the Lac des Deux Montagnes and the Rivière des Prairies. The park’s many paths offer magnificent views of the
water.The park, spans an area of 330 hectares It is home to a sugar shack, two heated chalets and an organic farm, among other things. You can indulge in many
activities there throughout the year: swimming, cycling, sledding, snowshoeing and hiking (12km), cross-country skiing (14km) and of course walking. As you
traverse the park, keep an eye out for its historic buildings: the Thomas-Brunet house and Château Gohier.
There are also two French private schools
The Commission scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys operates Francophone public schools.
Primary schools include:
* du Grand-Chêne
* There are also two French private schools
* Collège Charlemagne * Collège Beaubois. The Lester B. Pearson School Board (LBPSB) operates Anglophone public schools.
* West Island Career Centre
* Pierrefonds Comprehensive High School
* Riverdale High School
* Beechwood Elementary School
* Greendale Elementary School
* St. Anthony Elementary School
* St. Charles Elementary School
* Terry Fox Elementary School]
* Thorndale Elementary School
* In addition Westpark Elementary and Wilder-Penfield Elementary in Dollard-des-
Ormeaux and Margaret Manson Elementary School in Kirkland serve portions of the